The 2022 E Source Utility Ad Awards Contest is now closed. Thank you to all of our participants. You can check out past contest winners.
The E Source Utility Ad Awards Contest is the energy industry’s largest and most comprehensive competition, attracting hundreds of entries. Our goal is to recognize and reward creative excellence in utility advertising. For information about the contest, contact us.
As we’ve seen from past entries, utility ads can convey all kinds of messages, such as:
- Energy education
- Conservation and energy efficiency
- Environmental stewardship
Past participants include Southern California Gas Co., Idaho Power, OUC, Sacramento Municipal Utility District, Hydro One, PSE, Tennessee Valley Authority, Manitoba Hydro, KCP&L, FortisBC, Toronto Hydro, and more.
What we’re looking for
We want to see:
- Ad campaigns targeted to residential or business customers
- Ad campaigns with a record of success with your utility audiences
- Clear messages with a visual appeal
- Ad campaigns promoting your utility’s brand, programs, or services
When you consider which ad campaigns to submit this year, think about the types of ads you’re running across categories like efficiency programs, electric vehicles, self-service, outages, rates, and more. We suggest including multiple pieces of content with your ad campaign so we can more accurately judge its merits.
Our award categories are:
- Energy-efficiency and demand-response programs
- Solar, storage, EVs, and electrification
- Safety and emergency or outage communications
- Home energy management and smart home
- Self-service (bill pay, start or stop service, etc.)
We recommend reviewing What you need to know about submitting content to Energy AdVision before you enter the contest.
Why should you participate? You’ll get great exposure!
Winners can expect:
- Recognition during a session at the E Source Forum 2022, where select winners will highlight the details from their winning campaign
- A keepsake plaque to display in the office
- An E Source press release announcing the winners
- Social media announcements via Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and our blog
Terms. Read the E Source Utility Ad Awards Contest submission terms.
Eligibility. This competition is open to any utility located in the United States (the “United States” or “U.S.”), the District of Columbia, or Canada. Advertising agencies or related organizations may submit on behalf of a client utility operating in the stipulated areas. Ads that were created, produced, and published anytime from June 1, 2021, through June 1, 2022, are eligible for consideration.
Fees. There is no cost to participate.
Contest deadlines. The 2022 E Source Utility Ad Awards Contest begins on April 11, 2022, and ends at midnight on May 20, 2022. No late entries will be accepted.
Multiple entries. There’s no limit to the number of ads you can submit. In fact, we strongly encourage that your ad campaign includes multiple pieces of content.
Awards. All awards will be issued in the name of the utility.