We help utilities determine the strategic direction for mission-critical systems, evaluate current software solutions, select vendors and system integrators, negotiate great contracts and statements of work, and provide implementation leadership, tools, and software. We’re experts at transforming systems such as:
- Customer information
- Customer self-service
- Enterprise resource planning
- Work and asset management
- Field service management
- Meter data management
The digital utility is happening. We can help you transform ahead of the curve.
Total system transformation
We have first-hand experience with leading software vendors and system integrators. We’ll help you confidently determine the best solutions for your needs and your infrastructure. Then we’ll ensure that you’re best positioned for success from contract through implementation.
We empower our clients with our rich project history, deep industry knowledge, and proven methodology. E Source NavigateOne™ is a completely scalable, customizable, and comprehensive approach that integrates proven processes, powerful tools and accelerators, and proprietary templates. NavigateOne is designed to meet the needs of any utility software initiative.
The NavigateOne™ difference
NavigateOne is built on the foundational rule that software projects must resolve real business issues. This focus ensures that your project delivers not just new technology but real, lasting value for your utility, its employees, and its customers. With NavigateOne, you can expect guidance in four core competencies.
Strategy and assessment
Don’t know where to start? Trying to determine if you should maintain, upgrade, or replace a software system? Need a third-party validation? Our team can help. Through consultative engagements and data-driven analysis, we can develop the right strategy for your situation. Our strategy and assessment services include:
- Digital transformation strategy
- System assessment and analysis
- Maintain/upgrade/replace analysis
- Deployment strategies (on-premises, cloud, or hybrid)
- Requirements analysis and documentation
- Risk assessment
- Organizational readiness analysis
- Business case development
- Cybersecurity services in alliance with Israel Electric Corp.
Software or system integrator selection
If you decide to replace a system, we’ll help your team select the best software and the right system integrator to position the implementation project for success. We’ll lead you through every stage of the selection process, including:
- RFP development
- Scoring and evaluation framework development and management
- Bidder discovery sessions
- RFP response management
- Software demonstration framework and script development
- System integrator implementation methodology evaluation
- Vendor validation and site visits
- Vendor or system integrator confirmation sessions
Contract and SOW development and negotiations
The statement of work (SOW) is the foundation for a successful implementation, and it’s your top risk mitigation tool. We developed the NavigateOne SOW specifically to empower our clients with a document that will protect their interests.
The unique combination of the NavigateOne approach and our years of negotiating with industry-leading software vendors and system integrators allows us to deliver a strong but fair SOW for our clients, allowing them to negotiate from a position of strength. This award-winning tool is part of our contract/SOW methodology and includes:
- Negotiation strategies workshop
- NavigateOne SOW
- Negotiations leadership
- Cloud or service level agreement negotiation
- Contract or terms and conditions input
After you select a software solution or system integrator, our team will focus on the success of your implementation. We stay in step with you through the most important stage of your digital transformation, making sure your project delivers the expected business value. We’ll help you navigate the deployment of your new solution to realize the business objectives and adoption set out in the organizational strategy.
Our consultants are experienced in the specific disciplines of software implementation and will lead your team in the respective areas. We also provide utility-specific software designed to support your project management office and testing requirements. Our implementation leadership services include:
- Program or project management. Our consultants are experienced in large, mission-critical software implementations, equipping them to guide your project team and manage the implementation vendor.
- Project quality readiness. Our proprietary investigative approach, combined with innovative reporting tools, delivers the data, insights, and guidance needed to make project decisions with confidence.
- Testing leadership. We’ll make sure you get the functionality you contract and pay for and that the solution is ready for production.
- Testing automation. We’ll help you see a return on your investment through the automation of high-value, high-volume test cases.
- Training leadership. We’ll oversee a smooth and complete knowledge transfer from vendor to employees, ensuring that your team knows the new system and can perform from Day 1.
- Organizational change management. Our consultants work with your management, user groups, and stakeholders to prepare your entire organization for success in a new technology environment.
- ICue Enterprise Project Management Suite. We designed our proprietary enterprise project management suite specifically to manage utility software implementation projects.
- NavigateOne for application life-cycle management. Based on best practices, we’ll deliver our preconfigured utility-specific testing solution for Micro Focus Application Lifecycle Management.
- NavigateOne test accelerators. We’ll deploy testing assets developed for many utility customer information system software solutions.
What our customers say
NavigateOne was the essential guide for our project.
—Customer Operations Administrator, Chesterfield County Utilities Department
The NavigateOne methodology streamlined the many steps of our robust selection process, which enabled our team to focus on the value of vendors’ solutions and the fit of their corporate cultures.
—Business Information Systems Manager, Anaheim Public Utilities
The team took the time to understand our specific challenges when they set out to guide our project. That leadership from the very beginning, joined with the structured guidance of NavigateOne, ensured that we never lost sight of our goals and always had the support we needed.
—Senior Vice President, Regulated Utilities, Golden State Water Co.
We can help you transform
Let’s schedule a time to discuss your challenges and how E Source can help.