It’s time to showcase your utility’s best ads and take credit for the creative effort that made them so effective. E Source is looking for ads that have delivered a clear message and proven effective, all while also being visually appealing. Submit your ads by May 18, 2018, to be considered in this year’s contest!
The E Source Utility Ad Awards Contest is the energy industry’s largest and most comprehensive competition, attracting hundreds of entries. Our goal is to recognize and reward creative excellence in utility advertising.
As we’ve seen from past entries, utility ads can convey all kinds of messages, such as:
- Energy education
- Conservation and energy efficiency
- Environmental stewardship
See the winning ads from previous contests.
Past participants include Southern California Gas Co., Idaho Power, OUC, SMUD, Hydro One, PSE, Tennessee Valley Authority, Manitoba Hydro, KCP&L, FortisBC, Toronto Hydro, and more.
What we’re looking for
We want to see:
- Ads targeted to residential or business customers
- Ads with a record of success with your utility audiences
- Clear messages with a visual appeal
- Ads promoting your utility’s brand, programs, or services
New award categories for 2018! We’re excited to announce brand-new award categories focused on topical areas instead of media type. When you consider which ad campaigns to submit this year, think about the types of ads you’re running across categories like efficiency programs, electric vehicles, self-service, outages, rates, and more.
Our award categories are:
- Energy-efficiency and demand-response programs
- Solar and storage
- Electric vehicles
- Home energy management and smart home
- Self-service (bill pay, start or stop service, etc.)
- Revenue-generating offerings
We suggest reviewing our submission checklist (PDF) before you enter the contest.
You’ll get great exposure
We’ll not only post the winning ads on our website, but we’ll also announce the award winners at the 2018 E Source Forum during a special awards ceremony. Winners can also expect:
- An E Source press release announcing the winners
- Social media announcements via our blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
- A winners logo for your utility to publish on your website and in your marketing materials
Terms. Read the E Source Utility Ad Awards Contest Submission Terms.
Eligibility. This competition is open to any electric and gas utility located in the United States (the “United States” or “U.S.”), the District of Columbia, or Canada. Advertising agencies or related organizations may submit on behalf of a client utility operating in the stipulated areas. Ads that were created, produced, and published anytime from June 1, 2017, through June 1, 2018, are eligible for consideration.
Fees. There is no cost to participate.
Contest deadlines. The 2018 E Source Utility Ad Awards Contest begins on April 17, 2018, and ends at midnight on May 18, 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
Multiple entries. There’s no limit to the number of ads you can submit.
Awards. All awards will be issued in the name of the utility. Awards will be presented at the 2018 E Source Forum during an awards ceremony. You need not be present to win—but you’ll probably want to be there!