E Source conducts an online survey of utilities’ social media efforts to help inform the industry on social media strategy, design, and implementation, as well as to determine social media trends and common practices. This survey polls leaders in utility social media on a variety of topics, including:
- Channels and audience
- Uses and goals
- Policies and other documentation
- Digital strategy
- Staffing and budgets
- Metrics and reporting
- State of the industry
- Lessons learned
What you get
Participating members of the E Source Corporate Communications Service will receive access to all best-practice reports, webinars, and follow-up reports.
Nonmember participants receive exclusive access to:
- The webinar Insights from the 2021 Social Media Survey: How does your utility stack up in the industry?
- The executive summary Channels, goals, and resources: Highlights from the E Source 2021 Social Media Survey
By participating in this valuable research, you can find out how your social media tactics compare to those of your peers, learn how to achieve social media success, and gain valuable insight into:
- Social media uses, goals, and challenges
- New social media channels and strategies utilities are using
- How other social media teams are staffed and funded
If you’re interested in receiving the full set of deliverables, but your utility does not subscribe to the Corporate Communications Service, please contact us.
The 2021 Social Media Survey is now closed. If you’re responsible for social media strategy and implementation at your organization and you’d like to participate in the next survey, please fill out the form below.
The Social Media Survey gathers data from electric and gas companies in the US and Canada. Survey questions are based on input from social media leaders, frequent Ask E Source inquiries related to utility social media efforts, and E Source expertise and knowledge of social media best practices.