Demand-side management (DSM) programs are one of the best things utility customers get from their utility. In this episode, host Bryan Jungers welcomes Tom Lienhard, E Source executive consultant, and Barend Dronkers, product strategist for Customer Energy Solutions at E Source, for an in-depth discussion about DSM programs: what they are, how they’re working, and how utilities should keep them moving forward to benefit customers.
- Introductions with Tom and Barend (0:39)
- Digging in: DSM programs (1:17)
- The significance of delivering programs (2:32)
- The customer impacts of DSM (4:45)
- On equity and program deliverability (7:01)
- Setting the stage: The future of DSM portfolios (11:40)
- On pay-for-performance (15:56)
- Prioritizing electrification versus DSM (17:32)
- Wrapping up (22:21)
Be sure to subscribe to PowerTalking on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.