Host Bryan Jungers, director of mobility at E Source, talks with Emily Hersh, CEO of Luna Lithium, and Sam Jaffe, vice president of E Source Battery Solutions, to understand the ins and outs of batteries. Have you ever wondered how exactly batteries are made? Or where the lithium in lithium-ion batteries comes from? We hear from the experts as they discuss:
- The environmental impacts of EV battery manufacturing (1:45)
- An overview of lithium extraction methods (5:39)
- Whether hydrogen works as an alternative fuel for transportation (9:42)
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investments (12:30)
- Next-generation battery types (14:16)
- Second-use battery applications (16:04)
Got more questions about batteries? Learn more about our battery solutions.