The Account Management Assessment is a web-based survey of utility account management practices and strategic approaches to managing business customers. Participating utilities will learn how closely their account management department aligns with E Source’s recommended best practices. We’ll help you assess the strengths and weaknesses of your account management department, prioritize goals for future improvement, and understand how you perform compared to your peers.
Who can participate and what do you get?
All E Source member utilities may join the Account Management Assessment and will be invited to the results web conference where we’ll highlight key results from the industry report and discuss our findings.
Additionally, members of the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite will receive:
- The industry report. Utility participants will get access to best practices and trends in account management from throughout the industry, focusing on business customer experience and satisfaction, account management structure, business customer engagement, and account and sector planning.
- An online dashboard. This tool will provide you with an individualized assessment of your account management practices, comparing your utility to other utilities and industry best practices. Results presented in the online dashboard will help you gauge current account management practices and set targets for future improvement. You’ll also receive an overall score based on your responses that will rank you within the benchmark group.
- Expert consultation with E Source (upon request). You’ll have the opportunity to review your results with the E Source team, and we’ll draw on our collective experience with industry best practices to help you formulate an action plan.
If you’re interested in receiving the full set of deliverables, but your utility does not subscribe to the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite, please email us.
The Account Management Assessment is meant to be completed by utility professionals holding management and leadership roles in account management departments. If you’d like to participate, please fill out the form below and we’ll contact you once we’ve opened the study.
Survey questions that indicate best practices in account management are scored and placed into one of four equally weighted categories:
- Business customer experience and satisfaction
- Account management structure
- Business customer engagement
- Account and sector planning
All utility weighted average scores are rolled up to create an overall ranking of participants. Utilities with more account management practices aligned with industry best practices will rank toward the top of the benchmark.
If you’re a subscriber, these links will take you to the study deliverables. If you’re not currently a subscriber, you may Contact us for information on membership to pertinent E Source services.