E Source conducts two online surveys of utilities’ business customers: the Large Business Gap and Priority Benchmark and the Small and Midsize Business Gap and Priority Benchmark. Both studies are included with membership in the E Source Account Management Service.
We want to help you gain a deeper understanding of your customers and identify areas where you can improve your service to them. We’ll help you analyze performance gaps for both the utility and the account representative across several attributes. These surveys will help you listen to the voice of the customer and show you where you can make adjustments to better suit their needs.
We work with our members to identify priority areas for improvement based on what business customers tell us is most important to them. Interested in learning more? Email us.
How to participate
Let us know by February 28, 2020, if you’d like to participate. Start the process by completing Step 1 and filling out the registration form. Be sure to let us know if you want to participate in the small and midsize business (SMB) study, the large business study, or both.
What do participants get?
Participating members of the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite will receive:
- Detailed datasets. You can see your utility’s customer satisfaction scores and key performance indicators. Each participating utility will receive a raw data file that contains respondent-level data for all participating business customers and a banner file that includes respondent-level data and benchmark comparison data presented in an easy-to-read tabular format.
- An individualized online dashboard. Pending survey response rates, you can access your individual gap and priority analysis and rankings to see how your utility stacks up to other utilities.
- Industry reports. We’ll highlight best practices and trends observed in the surveys. Both the SMB and the large business reports will provide industry-level analysis and insight on results and key findings.
- A consultation with E Source experts (by request). You’ll have the opportunity to review your results with the E Source team, and we’ll draw on industry best practices to help you formulate an action plan specific to your customers.
If your utility doesn’t subscribe to the Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite, please contact us for study pricing.
- Survey registration. Participating members of the Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite can complete the registration form starting Monday, February 3 through Friday, February 28, 2020.
- Customer data transfer. After registering, you’ll be asked to provide E Source with your customer lists by Wednesday, March 18, 2020. Take a look at Steps 2 and 3 for required information and how the data-transfer process works.
- Survey fielding. Fielding will take place from Tuesday, April 7 through Tuesday, May 5, 2020. We’ll send emails to your customers during fielding to remind them to complete the survey. Utility survey contacts will receive one sample disposition halfway through fielding. This file will show you which customers have complete and incomplete survey records, allowing your team to follow up.
- Data delivery. E Source will securely transmit the raw data and banner files to utility participants by Friday, July 31, 2020.
- Online dashboards. We’ll update our dashboards by Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Industry reports. We’ll publish the SMB and large business reports by Monday, November 16, 2020.
- Consultation with E Source experts. You can schedule a consultation to occur between September and November 2020.
If you’re a subscriber, these links will take you to the study deliverables. If you’re not currently a subscriber, you may contact us for information on membership to pertinent E Source services.