E Source conducts two online surveys of utilities’ business customers: the Large Business Gap and Priority Benchmark and the Small and Midsize Business Gap and Priority Benchmark. Both studies are included in the Account Management Service membership.
We want to help you gain a deeper understanding of your customers and identify areas where you can improve your service to them. We’ll help you analyze performance gaps for both the utility and the account representative across several attributes. These surveys will help you listen to the voice of the customer and show you where you can make adjustments to better suit their needs.
We work with our members to identify priority areas for improvement based on what your business customers tell us is most important to them. Interested in learning more? Please email us and we’ll answer your questions.
How to participate
Let us know if you’re participating by February 28, 2019. Start the process by completing Step 1 and filling out the registration form. Be sure to let us know if you’re participating in the small and midsize business (SMB) study, the large business study, or both.
What do participants get?
Survey participants will receive:
- Detailed datasets. You can see your utility’s customer satisfaction scores and key performance indicators. Each participating utility will receive a raw data file that contains respondent-level data for all participating business customers and a banner file that includes respondent-level data and benchmark comparison data presented in an easy-to-read tabular format.
- An individualized online dashboard. Pending survey response rates, you can access your individual gap and priority analysis and rankings to see how your utility stacks up to other utilities.
- Industry reports. We’ll highlight best practices and trends observed in the surveys. Both the SMB and the large business reports will provide industry-level analysis and insight on results and key findings.
- A consultation with E Source experts (by request). You’ll have the opportunity to review your results with the E Source team, and we’ll draw on industry best practices to help you formulate an action plan specific to your customer base.
- Survey registration. Participating members of the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite can complete the registration form starting Monday, February 4, 2019, through Thursday, February 28, 2019.
- Customer data transfer. After registering, you’ll be asked to provide E Source with your customer lists by Friday, March 15, 2019. Take a look at Steps 2 and 3 for directions on required information and the data-transfer process.
- Survey fielding. Fielding will take place in April 2019. We’ll send three emails to your customers during fielding to remind them to complete the survey. Utility survey contacts will receive one sample disposition halfway through fielding. This file will show you which customers have complete and incomplete survey records, allowing your team to be proactive in following up.
- Data delivery. E Source will securely transmit the raw data and banner files to utility participants in July 2019.
- Online dashboards. We’ll update our dashboards in September 2019.
- Industry reports. We’ll publish the SMB and large business reports in November 2019.
- Consultation with E Source experts. You can schedule a consultation between October and December 2019.
If you’re a subscriber, these links will take you to the study deliverables. If you’re not currently a subscriber, you may contact us for information on membership to pertinent E Source services.