The E Source Business Customer Satisfaction Study is a pair of online surveys of US utilities’ small and midsize business (SMB) customers and large business customers. This study is included with membership in the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite. If your utility isn’t a member, you may join the study for a fee. Contact us for information about pricing.
What you get
Business Customer Satisfaction Study participants will receive:
- Detailed datasets. You can see your utility’s customer satisfaction scores and key performance indicators. Each participating utility will receive a raw data file that contains respondent-level data for all participating business customers and a banner file that includes respondent-level data and total sample comparison data presented in an easy-to-read tabular format.
- An individualized online dashboard. Pending survey response rates, you can access your individual gap and priority analysis and rankings to see how your utility stacks up to other utilities.
- Industry reports. We’ll highlight best practices and trends observed in the surveys. Both the SMB and the large business reports will provide industry-level analysis and insight on results and key findings.
- A consultation with E Source experts (by request). You’ll have the opportunity to review your results with the E Source team, and we’ll draw on industry best practices to help you formulate an action plan specific to your customers.
We want to help you gain a deeper understanding of your customers and identify areas where you can improve your service to them. We’ll help you analyze performance gaps for the utility and your account reps or business customer reps across several attributes. These surveys will help you listen to the voice of the customer and show you where you can make adjustments to better suit their needs. Interested in learning more? Contact us.
Start the process by completing Step 1 and filling out the registration form. Be sure to let us know if you want to participate in the SMB study, the large business study, or both.
- Survey registration. Participating members of the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite can complete the registration form (found in Step 1) starting Monday, January 3, 2022.
- Customer data transfer. After registering, you’ll be asked to provide E Source with your customer lists. Take a look at Steps 2 and 3 for required information and how the data-transfer process works.
- Survey fielding. Initial fielding will take place April 27 through July 19. Utilities will have their choice of starting on Tuesday, April 27, 2022, Tuesday, May 24, 2022, or Tuesday, June 21, 2022. Utilities can participate after July 19, 2022 but will not be eligible for inclusion in the study’s rankings. In addition to the initial invite, we’ll send three emails to your customers during fielding to remind them to complete the survey. Utility survey contacts will receive four sample dispositions during the fielding process—one after the initial invite and the remainder after each reminder email. These files will show you which customers have complete and incomplete survey records, allowing your team to follow up.
- Data delivery. E Source will securely transmit the raw data and banner files to utility participants by August 2022.
- Online dashboards. We’ll update our dashboards in the fall of 2022.
- Industry reports. We’ll publish the SMB and large business reports in the winter of 2022.
- Consultation with E Source experts. You can schedule a consultation to occur in the fall and winter of 2022.
If you’re a subscriber, these links will take you to the study deliverables. If you’re not currently a subscriber, you may contact us for information on membership to pertinent E Source services.