The E Source Business Customer Satisfaction Study is a pair of online surveys of US utilities’ small and midsize business (SMB) customers and large business customers designed to assess their most important needs and how well their energy providers are meeting them. By participating, you’ll get a unique chance to hear voice-of-the-customer feedback and identify where to make improvements to better suit their needs.
What you get
Participating members of the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite and nonmembers who pay an additional fee to join the study will receive the following deliverables (contact us for pricing):
- Detailed datasets. See your utility’s customer satisfaction scores and key performance indicators. Each participating utility will receive a raw data file that contains respondent-level data for all participating business customers and a banner file that includes respondent-level data and total sample comparison data presented in an easy-to-read tabular format.
- An individualized online dashboard. Pending survey response rates, you can access your individual gap and priority analysis and rankings to see how your utility stacks up to other utilities.
- Industry reports. We’ll highlight best practices and trends observed in the surveys. Both the SMB and the large business reports will provide industry-level analysis and insight on results and key findings.
- A consultation with E Source experts (by request). You’ll have the opportunity to review your results with the E Source team, and we’ll draw on industry best practices to help you formulate an action plan specific to your customers.
Participating utilities that aren’t members of the Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite and don’t opt to pay for access to the full set of deliverables will receive an executive data summary review with an E Source expert (by request). You’ll have the opportunity to review high level results with the E Source team and identify key areas to improve.
Start the process by completing Step 1 and filling out the registration form. Be sure to let us know if you want to participate in the SMB study, the large business study, or both.
- Survey registration. Participating members of the E Source Account Management Service or Business Customer Suite can complete the registration form (found in Step 1) starting Monday, January 3, 2022.
- Customer data transfer. After registering, you’ll be asked to provide E Source with your customer lists. Take a look at Steps 2 and 3 for required information and how the data-transfer process works.
- Survey fielding. Initial fielding will take place April 26 through July 19. Utilities will have their choice of starting on Tuesday, April 26, 2022, Tuesday, May 24, 2022, or Tuesday, June 21, 2022. Utilities can participate after the June fielding but will not be eligible for inclusion in the study’s rankings. In addition to the initial invite, we’ll send three emails to your customers during fielding to remind them to complete the survey. Utility survey contacts will receive four sample dispositions during the fielding process—one after the initial invite and the remainder after each reminder email. These files will show you which customers have complete and incomplete survey records, allowing your team to follow up.
- Data delivery. E Source will securely transmit the raw data and banner files to utility participants by August 2022.
- Online dashboards. We’ll update our dashboards in the fall of 2022.
- Industry reports. We’ll publish the SMB and large business reports in the winter of 2022.
- Consultation with E Source experts. You can schedule a consultation to occur in the fall and winter of 2022.
If you’re a subscriber, these links will take you to the study deliverables. If you’re not currently a subscriber, contact us for information on how to become an E Source member.