The E Source Residential Customer Insights Center is an easy-to-use online analysis tool that allows you to gather information about your residential customers’ energy-usage behaviors and attitudes around energy consumption. These insights can inform your strategies for educating customers about programs and services, and they can help you target your customers with the right utility programs using the most appropriate messages delivered via the most effective communication channels.
The data are drawn from the Claritas Energy Behavior Track survey of approximately 32,000 US residential customers, conducted annually in partnership with E Source.
What you get
With the Residential Customer Insights Center, you’ll get information on:
- Customers’ attitudes and behaviors around conservation and emerging technologies
- Which customer segments are most likely to participate in your demand-side management programs
- What customers perceive as barriers to program participation
- Which appliances, equipment, and electronics customers are using
- Customer satisfaction and their perceptions of your utility brand
- Customers’ communication preferences and online interactions
The data are drawn from Claritas (formerly The Nielsen Company) Energy Behavior Track annual surveys, conducted in partnership with E Source, in which approximately 32,000 residential customers in the US were surveyed on a variety of energy-related topics. The households were chosen from Survey Sampling International (SSI) and Critical Mix, leading providers of survey sampling solutions.
Fieldwork quotas were set up for the sample selection of each survey to ensure that the sample was representative of the national population. A post-fieldwork weighting scheme was applied using geographic and demographic data. Demographic inputs included in the weighting process were age, household income, presence of children, and homeownership.
If you’re a subscriber, these links will take you to the study deliverables. If you’re not currently a subscriber, you may contact us for information on membership to pertinent E Source services.