We advance business and technology-planning solutions for utilities that strategically enhance operations, improve
- Geographic information systems
- Customer engagement portals
- Meter data management systems
- Other utility operational systems
Our experienced utility consultants and project managers work as an extension of your team. We use proven processes and analysis tools to implement technologies from start to finish, lowering costs, reducing risk, and improving operations.
How we help
We help utilities and municipalities evaluate, design, procure, and implement complex technology solutions. Our work strategically enhances operations while improving service for the communities our clients serve. The guiding principle behind the success of our work is our proven methodology for assessing and delivering technology projects for our clients. Together, we can:
- Develop the business case for your large-scale technology projects
- Navigate the procurement and vendor contract negotiations process
- Deploy smart grid/smart water/AMI programs
- Integrate new systems into your existing technology landscape
- Thoroughly test the new systems and their integration with existing systems
- Adapt to and realize the full benefits of new technologies through change management and business process design
- Design and execute customer engagement and awareness campaigns
- Implement a comprehensive benefits-verification program
- Maximize the use and value of new data and information introduced by your new technologies
- Augment your staff to support your new technologies
The advantage of our methodology
The E Source Advantage identifies the project steps and highlights the inherent dependencies between people, processes, and technology.
We employ a vendor-agnostic approach to procurement—we’ve worked with every major AMI vendor. We use a proven methodology designed to minimize risk while achieving complete system functionality as early as possible in the project. This strategy allows you to work with each project stakeholder to:
- Identify and address issues
- Test the necessary interfaces with other systems
- Design, develop, and test the future-state business processes before spending a lot of money on full system deployment
Resources to get you started
Getting started and making progress on your smart city journeyRead more
The benefits of tackling water loss at a regional levelRead more
What are the pros and cons of smart city initiatives?Read more
Digital business transformation: 5 steps to develop a human-centric approach to modernizing your utilityRead more
10 ways to get the most value out of your AMI investmentRead more
What our customers say
Our projects were high-cost investments that would literally be impacting every home or business for decades to come. E Source helped ensure our investment provided the intended outcome.
—Chris Garner, Long Beach Water Department
E Source communications and public relations expertise was invaluable in our planning efforts. Our project communication plan has been greatly enriched by our collaboration with them.
—Jennifer Tavaglione, Senior Project Manager, Riverside Public Utilities
E Source provided highly valuable insight in assisting the City avoid pitfalls many utilities encounter in undertaking AMI projects for a successful project.
—Tony Foster, City of Long Beach, California
Meet our experts
We’re on your team
Let’s schedule a time to discuss your challenges and how E Source can help.