Make smart decisions by understanding your customers better.
The E Source Residential Customer Insights Center is an easy-to-use online analysis tool that allows utilities to gather information about their residential customers’ energy-usage behaviors and attitudes around energy consumption. Understanding these insights can help inform outreach strategies for educating customers about utility programs and services and to help position and target programs to the right customers, with the right messages, through the right communication channels.
The data are drawn from the Claritas Energy Behavior Track survey of approximately 32,000 US residential customers, conducted annually in partnership with E Source.
You’ll get insights into:
- Customers’ attitudes and behaviors around conservation and emerging technologies
- Which customer segments are most likely to participate in your demand-side management programs
- What customers perceive as barriers to program participation
- Which appliances, equipment, and electronics customers are using
- Customer satisfaction and their perceptions of your utility brand
- Customers’ communication preferences and online interactions
Using the Residential Customer Insights Center online dashboard, you can dive deeper into our survey data to better understand differences among your residential consumers. For examples:
- Focus the data on a specific geographical area, such as the US Northeast or the state of California, as well as on utility service territories, or on specific customer demographics and household characteristics
- View trends over the past five years