With E Source’s help, Brownsville Public Utilities Board (BPUB) was awarded a 2023 WaterSMART Water and Energy Efficiency Grant from the US Bureau of Reclamation. Kierra Thomas, senior consultant at E Source, and Eddy Hernandez, director of enterprise solutions for BPUB, join podcast host Bryan Jungers to discuss what helped them secure their win. Our guests will also explain what utilities need to know before they apply for government grants and provide tips for a successful application.
- Introductions with Kierra and Eddy (0:42)
- What is the WaterSMART grant? (3:03)
- Making the case for a smart metering project (5:02)
- Getting into the grant applicaiton process (8:24)
- BPUB’s lessons learned (13:55)
- The devil is in the details: Going in-depth with your grant proposal (18:43)
- Closing thoughts: E Source is here to help (22:37)