The perks of being a member
The E Source Beyond the Meter Working Group is a unique opportunity to collaboratively expedite the market for beyond-the-meter offerings—those value-added services and products offered through the local utility that increase customer satisfaction and provide new sources of revenue for the utility. More than 40 utilities and vendors are part of the working group, and our utility members collectively serve over 70 million customers.
The Beyond the Meter Working Group difference
- Peer group. The working group is designed to facilitate peer-to-peer networking and collaborative research.
- Focus. The scope represents a full year of ongoing research and member interactions.
- Emerging market. Ours is the only organization in the utility sector dedicated to the growing BTM and home services market.
- Forward looking. We help utilities better understand the short- and long-term benefits of BTM offerings.
- Actionable. Our support allows utilities to fast-track BTM roadmaps and create journey maps for new or existing journeys.
Members get access to exclusive benefits
Online events—discuss current issues, ask questions, and connect with utilities and vendors
Market landscape analysis and review
Annual in-person meeting
2022 Beyond the Meter Consumer Survey findings
In 2022, the Beyond the Meter Working Group conducted a survey of more than 1,000 Americans. We asked questions about the BTM market and the role of their utility. The survey findings point to strong interest in BTM products and services. We also saw strong customer desire for utilities to actively support them in their BTM journey.
2023 tracks of work
- Business case development
- Program design
- Performance metrics and benchmarking
- Voice-of-the-customer surveys and research
- Case studies of innovation and market success
- Regulatory considerations
- Utility/vendor partnership models
- Marketing and messaging strategies
Ready to talk?
Let’s create the right package for you!Contact us