Distributed energy resources (DERs) are challenging utilities in multiple ways—from high-level strategy and planning to more tactical efforts such as rate-making, program and service development, customer education and communications, and the evolution of internal organizational structures. Our 2019 Utility DER and Electrification Benchmark will survey US and Canadian utilities and present a detailed overview of utility DER-related activities with a focus on building electrification and electric vehicles (EVs). Participating utilities will gain insights into their own strategies’ strengths and gaps as well as ideas for future efforts.
What you get
All participants will receive a summary of the results, highlighting key insights and trends. Additionally, members of the E Source Distributed Energy Resource Strategy Service will receive:
- An in-depth report with key findings and considerations from the survey
- In-depth reports that explore specific topical areas covered in the benchmark
- Access to a member-only web conference where we’ll detail the most relevant findings
If you’re interested in receiving the full set of deliverables, but your utility does not subscribe to the E Source Distributed Energy Resource Strategy Service, please contact us.
Topics we cover
The 2019 study will dive into EV and building-electrification topics such as:
- Anticipated types of impacts and their magnitude
- Pilots and programs
- Education and communication efforts
- Innovation-related efforts
- Support for nonresidential customers
If you’re a subscriber, these links will take you to the study deliverables. If you’re not currently a subscriber, you may contact us for information on membership to pertinent E Source services.