With the proliferation of solar and the emergence of lower-cost distributed energy resources, customers have more energy-related options than ever before. E Source resources can help you engage more effectively with your customers around these increasingly important technologies.
Explore Our Solar Solutions
The E Source Solar Strategy Service: A Solution-Oriented Research Service
As customer interest in solar grows and third-party options proliferate, it’s critical that utilities incorporate customers’ desires, opinions, and likely actions into their solar strategy. However, it’s challenging to stay on top of evolving customer interests and beliefs, new third-party offerings, and current utility solar program and communications best practices.
No matter where you are in your solar journey, the E Source Solar Strategy Service will help you engage with your business and residential customers on solar in a proactive manner, both today and in the future as customer desires, the third-party solar market, and local regulatory contexts continue to evolve. This solution-oriented annual research service is focused on helping utilities:
- Gain insights on other utilities’ strategies for solar and distributed energy resources
- Develop effective approaches for solar education and customer communications
- Design solar-related offerings that meet your customers’ needs
Sample Our Unparalleled Content
Shaping New Narratives and Communications Strategies for Solar and Rate Reform Issues
What Makes the Solar Strategy Service Unique?
With the myriad of solar-related resources in existence today, it’s tough to know where to get the data, insights, and resources you need for successful solar customer engagement efforts. The Solar Strategy Service is unique in that it:
- Is unwaveringly focused on helping utilities develop more-effective customer strategies and solutions through a deep understanding of customers’ interest in, opinions about, and likely actions on solar
- Is an exclusive utility-only group, providing a closed-door environment to safely discuss challenges and share ideas with your peers
- Provides data-backed and action-oriented insights and recommendations as well as tactical resources and tools
- Uses working groups to help utilities tackle critical topics
- Conducts tailored customer-focused market research, guided by participating utilities
- Is designed to provide value for all types of utilities and regulatory contexts
- Focuses on residential as well as business customers
Utilities participating in this annual subscription-based service will receive enterprisewide access to E Source’s solar-related research, the ability to send two representatives to all tactical working groups, an invitation to the exclusive Solar Executive Council meeting, and the opportunity to attend topically focused peer sharing calls and the annual E Source Forum. Not only will you benefit from these strategic and tactical resources, you’ll also have the opportunity to strengthen your peer network through many interactive sessions.
For more information, download the Solar Strategy Service flyer (PDF).
Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to make smart decisions. At E Source, we cut through the complexity and deliver the on-point, actionable insights you need to make the right investments and customer-focused decisions.
With our market data, you’ll learn more about your business and residential customers’ knowledge of, interest in, opinions on, and likely behaviors related to solar, other types of distributed generation, battery storage, microgrids, home automation, and electric vehicles. This intelligence will help you accomplish your goals while avoiding mistakes.
E Source Consulting Solutions offer a more hands-on approach to your solar customer planning. Our consulting team has walked in your shoes and can help solve your toughest problems.
Solar Customer Insights Solution
As a utility, you need to understand which of your customers are most likely to adopt solar so you can develop a robust strategy, maintain strong relationships with key customers, consider a rate redesign, and plan for operational impacts. We’ll identify which customers are most likely to “go solar,” and we’ll provide in-depth custom insights and actionable recommendations to help you act before it’s too late.