Note: This is a live web conference with material previously presented at a web conference on November 5, 2015.
Understanding customers’ beliefs, attitudes, and preferences is a key element of a strong utility solar strategy. Absent these data and related insights, utilities are potentially missing the mark on what resonates with their customers. The ramifications of being off the mark are huge—from customer and regulatory backlash to negative brand implications. Equally important, utilities are potentially designing programs that aren’t attractive to their most important partner: the customer!
E Source is launching the Solar Customer Project, a solution-oriented research collaborative that leverages our deep customer expertise to help utilities integrate customer beliefs, attitudes, and preferences into solar messaging and program design. This one-of-a-kind utility collaborative uses new market research to uncover the critical customer issues that can help utilities positively communicate about solar and design attractive programs that customers want to participate in.
No matter how your company is currently engaged in solar, the Solar Customer Project will provide you with additional data, insights, tactical resources, and expertise to help you develop a stronger understanding of what your customers want and think related to solar. Armed with this information, you can develop robust and successful solar strategies, programs, and messaging efforts.
You will learn:
- What the Solar Customer Project is and what the value is for your utility
- The benefits of participating in utility working groups focused on developing action-oriented tactical solutions
- How we’ll help you integrate residential and business customer–centric market research and insights into solar messaging and program design by interpreting the “so what” of the data in strategic reports
- The value your utility solar executives will gain from discussing critical industry issues and sharing lessons learned in the Executive Council
- How the Solar Customer Project will provide you with solar customer best practices from your peers and industry experts
Join us for this web conference to learn why you should join the Solar Customer Project.
Adam Maxwell, Director, Strategy & New Products, E Source
Alanya Schofield, Director, Strategy & New Products, E Source
Who should attend:
Utilities that want to design and implement a successful customer-focused solar strategy.Please register for this web conference only if you are employed by a utility company.
For more information about attending this event, please email us or call 1-800-ESOURCE (1-800-376-8723).