A customer journey map is one of the most powerful tools a company can use to understand how its customers experience the organization. Executed properly, a journey map will not only capture the path a customer takes as they interact with a company, but it will also help the company identify critical customer touchpoints and its customers’ emotional perceptions of the organization. At least 30 utilities in the US and Canada are using journey mapping for customer service–related transactions such as credit and collections, outage management, new service installations, fixed bills, and paperless billing.
By journey-mapping your customer service transactions, you can:
- Gain external perspectives of customer interactions with your utility
- Identify transaction attributes that contribute to a positive customer experience and call out customer pain points to inform improvements
- Enhance communications with customers and contractors
- Reduce call volume and call-handling times
- Increase the use of online tools like alerts, outage maps, and My Account to enable digitally engaged customers
- Expand the number of payment arrangements created and kept
- Improve the customer experience by making it easier to do business with your company
Join us for this one-hour web conference, where we’ll provide an overview of journey mapping and explain how it applies to customer service operations. Then you’ll hear how AGL Resources got several quick wins that were implemented within a few months by building a journey-mapping team. A representative from the AGL Resources team will share lessons learned from its customer-onboarding journey map, as well as tips for making journey mapping a component of operational processes.
Rachel Reiss Buckley, Director, Customer Solutions, E Source
Doris Yon, Senior Business Analyst, AGL Resources
Who should attend:
Anyone who is responsible for interacting with utility customers. Whether you’ve already tried journey mapping or are brand new to the exercise, this web conference will provide insights into how to take your customer touchpoints to the next level.
For more information about attending this event, please email us or call 1-800-ESOURCE (1-800-376-8723).