Social Marketing and Behavior Change
Over the past several years, we’ve seen the buzz about behavior change continue to grow. In this session, we’ll discuss the latest in utility behavior-change programs, review what Council members’ companies are doing in the social marketing space, and investigate how behavior change can be integrated into demand-side management (DSM) marketing approaches.
- Do you have a behavior-change campaign in progress or in planning? What is it?
- Who has used OPower or a similar program? What are results?
- What programs have you been following? What do you like or dislike about them?
- Who is using the framework of community-based social marketing?
- What are the challenges of getting a behavior-change marketing program up and running? Is it getting management or the public utilities commission on board or something else?
- How are results being measured?
- Are you using a web-based social marketing platform? What vendor did you use? What does it do?